Just Do It! Experimental Painting Group
Our Member Group Show is just around the corner. Time to prepare!
Important dates and times:
- Show dates: Wednesday Feb 21 – Sunday March 11, 2018
- Show opening party: Saturday Feb 24, 3 – 6 pm
- Show closing celebration: Sunday Mar 11, 2 – 4 pm
- Artwork drop-off: Sunday Feb 18, 4 – 7 pm. It’s a big show so please know that Sunday is the day to drop off your work. If you are not able to do drop it off yourself please arrange to have someone else drop off for you.
- Artwork pick-up: Sunday Mar 11, 4 – 7 pm, following our closing celebration.
Please make sure your work is ready to hang and that the gallery is given all the information for the artwork: Title, year, medium & price. Please also make sure that each artwork is labelled with your name and title. This will be a large show, so we want to make it as efficient at possible for the gallery.
You will each have approx 3’ across, to the ceiling. So fill it how you wish with small or a couple of large pieces.
Artist information will be presented in a single binder at the show. We will all work on this during the upcoming weeks.
There are no special rules about “finishing” or “framing” – you the artist can decide how to “finish” your work. But it must be ready to hang. The gallery walls will be freshly painted and most hanging is done with nails.
The show will be hung “gallery style” with many pieces of work. Your work may or may not be hung together – the hanging staff will decide how to best present each piece of work.
Note 1 – you may choose to show artwork that is not for sale – price it at NFS.
Note 2 – Work that is not ready to hang will not be included in the show.